Thursday, July 19, 2012

Acne and Scar Facial

Hello, lovelies! For my first ever blog post, I'm going to show you how you can get your face looking radiant! 


 So what you'll need for this is as follows:
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon of Honey
  • 2 teaspoons of Lemon Juice
  • Teaspoon or measuring spoon
  • Glove (optional. This is kind of messy)
  • Mixing bowl
Combine them all until you have a paste. Because the lemon juice is strong, if you have sensitive skin (I do. I'm a baby), I used 1 teaspoon of lemon with 1 teaspoon of water.  For some reason when I made mine it came out kind of runny so I added a tad more of honey, cinnamon and nutmeg and popped it in the microwave for about 20 seconds.

Let this cool a bit. Slather all over your face and neck if you'd like. Let sit for half an hour if you can handle it. You will feel a little bit of a burning sensation, but it will wear off.

**I suggest wearing an old robe or zip up hoodie to do this and then rinsing it off in the shower. I made a mess of my bathroom and it would have been easier if I had just hopped in the shower. Also, since I look extremely scary, I don't suggest that you do this with small children around. ;)

Afterwards, I moisturized with good ole Vaseline. You can use whatever you like, but Vaseline is so nice I can't resist it. 

Do this once every couple weeks and you'll be glowing like never before!
Inspired by:
My Yellow Sandbox Blog! Thank you! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome mask and MUCH better than stiff, messy egg masks. And, you look like you're going to break out into "Mammy," Al Jolson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Mask recipe...
    Thank You

    I like to use Shea Butter, Coconut, Argon and Vit. E oil for moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete